Honey-Pecan Yogurt Ice Cream
A decadent treat you make at home
5 egg yolks
½ cup honey
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup sugar
¾ tsp fine sea salt
2 cups FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2%, or FAGE Total 0%
1½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Chopped toasted pecans
- Ice Cream: In a medium bowl whisk together egg yolks and honey until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan warm heavy cream, sugar and salt over medium heat until sugar has completely dissolved and mixture comes to a simmer.
- Gradually pour warm cream mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Transfer mixture back to saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a silicone spatula until mixture begins to thicken, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a clean bowl nested in a larger bowl filled halfway with ice water. Continue to stir over the ice bath until the mixture cools to room temperature, about 10 minutes. Whisk in FAGE Total and vanilla.
- Cover the custard mixture and chill at least 2 hours.
- Pour custard mixture into the freezer container of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, adding pecans during the last 5 minutes of churning. Transfer to a freezer safe container or pan and freeze at least 1 hour or until completely set.
- To Serve: Scoop ice cream into waffle cones, drizzle with more honey, and sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers covered in the freezer.
NOTE: For the creamiest result, choose whole milk FAGE Total 5%.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.