Oysters Rockefeller with FAGE Total
24 medium-large oysters (such as Wellfleet)
2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for breadcrumbs
1 large shallot, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp anchovy paste
1/2 tsp ground fennel seed
1 10-ounce box chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed well of excess liquid
Few dashes Tabasco sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup FAGE Total 2%
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1 tsp finely grated fresh lemon zest
3 tbsp parmesan cheese
Thinly sliced green onion, green part
- Preheat broiler. Place a strainer over a medium bowl; gently shuck the oysters over the strainer, using the strainer to catch the meat and strain the liquor into the bowl. Reserve the deeper halves of each oyster shell (discarding remaining shells) and scrub clean under cold running water. Dry shells and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until soft, about 1 minute. Add the anchovy paste and fennel and cook for 30 seconds. Add the spinach and 1/4 cup water or the reserved oyster liquor and cook until soft and the mixture has thickened. Season with hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Put the FAGE Total into a small bowl, then add the spinach mixture and mix to combine.
- Combine the panko, parsley, lemon zest and cheese in a small bowl, then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix to combine.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture and divide among the cleaned shells. Add the oysters, top with another tablespoon of the spinach mixture and then some of the bread crumbs. Place under the broiler and broil until lightly golden brown. Remove and garnish with green onion. Serve immediately.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.