1 lb 5oz potatoes, peeled and roughly cut into small pieces
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup FAGE Total 5%
14 oz can of chickpeas, drained
Bunch of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Boil water with a pinch of salt.
- Place potatoes and cook until just soft.
- Place 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan, add chopped onion and garlic.
- Fry until translucent.
- Drain the potatoes, add the onion and garlic mix.
- Mash roughly until almost smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Form into small patties, using clean hands to shape them.
- Return to the frying pan, add remaining oil and cook gently until crisp and golden on outside and warmed through.
- Flip halfway through cooking so both sides brown.
- Serve with mango chutney or spicy salsa.