Cinnamon Buns with FAGE Total
7 tbsp. butter, softened
1 ½ cups FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%
2 packets (1.4 oz.) baker’s yeast
1 ½ cup sugar
1 pinch salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 cups all-purpose flour
3 ½ tbsp. butter, at room temperature
½ cup sugar
4 tsp. ground cinnamon
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and yeast.
- Fold in the FAGE Total, and whisk well to obtain a smooth mix.
- Add sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour into the mixture, then use the mixer to beat all ingredients well to obtain a soft and pliant dough.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and let rest for 30 minutes.
In another large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar and cinnamon and mix until fully incorporated (by hand or using an electric mixer).
Remove dough from bowl and roll out lengthwise. Coat the entire surface of the dough with the filling.
- Roll it out into a 1-inch cylinder log.
- Using a knife, cut the dough into slices, arrange them on a baking sheet and let them rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 8–10 minutes. Garnish with powdered sugar and cinnamon.