1 ½ cups self-rising flour, extra for dusting
1 cup FAGE Total 0%, 2%, 5%, or BestSelf Plain
Chocolate hazelnut spread
Jam or jelly of your choice
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add 3-inches of oil to a heavy, medium saucepan and heat over medium-high heat (about 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and yogurt with a spatula to form a dough.
- Lightly dust a clean surface with flour and roll the dough into a ball. Use a tablespoon or a melon baller to scoop out the dough and form golf size balls by rolling it in your hands.
- Fry the donut holes in batches and cook until they float to the top of the oil and are golden brown.
- Use a spoon to remove the donut holes and drain on a paper towel lined plate or on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the slightly cooled donut holes into the cinnamon sugar and roll each one until fully coated.
- Fill a piping bag and tip with jam or chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Insert the tip halfway through the donut and squeeze out the filling. Repeat until all donut holes are filled and serve warm.