3-pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
¼ cup agave
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss squash with olive oil and salt. Place onto baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes or until it is easily pierced with a fork.
- In a large pot, add squash, broth, agave, and ground ginger. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
- Using a blender or a stick blender, puree mixture until smooth.
- Add Greek yogurt, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix until well blended. Keep consistency as is or thin out with extra broth.
- Serve with additional yogurt, pomegranate, and pumpkin seeds.