For the cinnamon frozen yogurt:
4 cups FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
2/3 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the cookies:
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
¼ cup milk
- Cinnamon Frozen Yogurt: In a large mixing bowl combine yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Refrigerate 1 hour. Pour mixture in ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately or transfer content into a bowl and freeze until ready to use.
- With an electric hand-mixer, cream butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, add milk and mix well.
- Form into a ball and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Roll out dough and using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out dough and place on baking sheet a few inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are firm.
- Cool completely and serve with a scoop of the cinnamon frozen yogurt.
- Additional Notes: FAGE Total 0% variety is preferred for frozen yogurt.