1/2 cup FAGE Total 2%
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 serrano chile, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
30 ounce chickpeas, drained, rinsed well, and drained again
1 dash freshly ground black pepper
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 dash Kosher salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Few dashes Tabasco sauce
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
FAGE Total Spiced Pita Chips:
3 whole wheat pita, each pita cut into eight triangles
¼ cup FAGE Total 2%
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine 1/2 of the chickpeas, garlic, serrano, lemon juice and zest, FAGE Total, sesame oil, olive oil and Tabasco in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the remaining chickpeas to a separate bowl and coarsely crush with a fork or potato masher.
- Fold the crushed mixture and the parsley into the smooth mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with more chopped parsley.
- Serve with FAGE Total Spiced Pita Chips.
- FAGE Total Spice Pita Chips: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush the top of pita chip with FAGE Total. Combine the cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl and divide the salt mixture over the FAGE Total. Arrange the pita on a large baking sheet, FAGE Total side up, and bake until the tops are lightly golden brown and the chips are crisp, about 10 minutes. Move to a baking rack and let cool.