2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
1½ cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%
¾ cup vegetable oil
½ cup cold coffee
2 large eggs
1½ cups high-quality semisweet chocolate chips
1½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%
3 tbsp Dutch process cocoa powder
1½ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp fine sea salt
2¼ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350℉. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. In a large bowl whisk together FAGE Total, oil, coffee, and eggs until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack. Run a paring knife along the edge of the pan to loosen the cake and remove the pan ring. Let cake cool completely.
- Frosting: In a double boiler or heatproof bowl set over gently simmering water, melt chocolate chips, stirring often. Let chocolate cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium-high speed until smooth. Turn mixer off, add melted chocolate, and mix on medium speed to combine. Add FAGE Total, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and beat on low until combined. Add powdered sugar and mix on low speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then beat on medium-high for 1 minute more, until light and fluffy.
- Place cake on a serving dish. Scrape frosting on top of cake and spread out with an offset spatula. Use the spatula to make swirls in the frosting.
- Slice and serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.