Macaroni and Cheese:
2 cups elbow macaroni (8oz)
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1 medium onion, diced
1½ tsp fine sea salt
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1½ cups whole milk
1½ cups grated Cheddar cheese (6oz)
1 cup FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2%, or FAGE Total 0%
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp black pepper
½ cup panko bread crumbs
¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 tbsp minced fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Macaroni and Cheese: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add elbow macaroni and cook as directed. Drain well.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and salt and sauté until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add flour, then stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to a low simmer and remove from the heat. Whisk in Cheddar, FAGE Total, paprika, turmeric, and pepper until smooth.
- Combine macaroni and cheese sauce and transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, feta, butter, parsley, and thyme. Top macaroni and cheese with crumb mixture and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot. Store any leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.