For Greek yogurt puff pastry:
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
¼ cup FAGE Total 5%
For Greek yogurt pesto spread:
1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
¼ cup chopped walnuts
2 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
½ cup FAGE Total 5%
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ orange bell pepper, thinly sliced into julienne
½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced into julienne
1 handful fresh spinach leaves
¼ cup thinly-sliced red onion
- First, make your quick-and-easy FAGE Total Greek yogurt puff pastry: Add the flour and salt to the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add in the cold, cubed butter. Pulse until the butter is incorporated and the mixture is crumbly. Add in the Greek yogurt and continue pulsing until the mixture comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured work surface and bring together. Gently knead a few times to form a smooth ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- After resting for an hour, roll the dough out into a 12-inch, narrow rectangle. Fold the top third of the dough over the middle, dusting off any excess flour. Fold the bottom half over the middle next, also dusting off any excess flour. Rotate the folded dough 90 degrees and repeat the process of rolling and folding the dough in thirds. Chill again for an hour or up to 2 days before baking. You can repeat the folds and chilling up to 3 times, if you want a flakier dough. (Note: chilling the dough is important, don’t skip this step. It helps prevent your crust from spreading in the oven).
- Meanwhile, make your Greek yogurt pesto spread: Clean out the bowl of your food processor and add in the basil, walnuts, garlic and parmesan cheese. Pulse until broken down.
- Add in the Greek yogurt, lemon juice and a pinch of kosher salt, pulsing until combined.
- With the machine on low, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until incorporated. Add in the cheese and continue pulsing until combined (it’s okay if the mixture still has a few clumps).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll out the dough to a ⅛-inch thick rectangle and transfer to a greased baking sheet.
- Crimp the edges into one another, creating a thin crust. Poke all over the inside of the tart with the tongs of a fork (this will prevent it from puffing up in the oven).
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the crust begins to lightly brown and firm up, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread FAGE Total Greek yogurt pesto all over the inside of the tart. Top with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
- Working diagonally from the top left corner, top the tart with a thin row of tomatoes. Add a row of orange bell peppers next to the tomatoes, followed by yellow bell pepper, spinach and red onion. Repeat the pattern until the crust is covered in a rainbow of veggies.
- Return to the oven and continue baking until golden brown around the edges and the cheese has melted, about 10-12 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before slicing and serving.