½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
½ cup FAGE Total 5% or FAGE Total 2%
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons liquid red food coloring
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon fine salt
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup FAGE Total 5% or FAGE Total 2%
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6 cups confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two muffin pans with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, oil, and sugar for 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time. Mix for about 30 seconds after each egg addition. Add Greek yogurt, milk, vinegar, food coloring, and vanilla extract and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt through a strainer and set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three additions, mixing after each addition.
- Evenly distribute the batter among the lined cupcake pan, filling each one about halfway full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the Greek yogurt cream cheese frosting: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt, and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until completely smooth.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add confectioner’s sugar until all is combined.
- Pipe frosting with a piping bag and decorating tip or with a cake spatula. Refrigerate decorated cupcakes until they’re ready to serve.