1 egg white
½ cup brown sugar, packed
½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
4 cups pecans
Serve with FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg white until thick and frothy, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, Chinese five-spice powder, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Fold in the pecans until evenly coated. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 20–25 minutes or until golden brown. After 10 minutes, rotate the pan once and continue baking.
- Allow pecans to cool to room temperature. Break apart any large chunks and store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- To serve, sprinkle over a bowl of FAGE Total.