1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 medium Russet potato, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
½ tablespoon garam masala
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
2 cups cauliflower, washed and cut into small florets
1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomato
1 ½ cups vegetable broth (more for thinner consistency)
1/3 cup coconut cream
¼ teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
FAGE Total 0%, 2%, 5% or BestSelf Plain
- Heat a large pot to medium-high heat. Add butter and onion and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add potato, garlic and ginger and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add garam masala, cumin, turmeric and cauliflower to the pot and stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add crushed tomato, broth, coconut cream, salt and lime juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Carefully add soup to the blender and blend until smooth. Add extra vegetable broth for a thinner consistency.
- Top with yogurt, cilantro, and lime and serve with a crusty bread.