1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced small
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
5-oz pack fresh baby spinach
9-oz container frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and roughly chopped
8-oz block cream cheese, softened
1 ¾ cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 cup FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%
Salt, to taste
bag of crostini or
bag of tortilla chip
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350 degrees.
- In a large, deep pan, sauté diced onion in the oil over medium heat until translucent. Add minced garlic and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 20 seconds longer.
- Raise the heat to medium high, add the spinach and artichokes and sauté until spinach wilts, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with a rubber spatula, combine the softened cream cheese and 1 ½ cups of the Parmesan cheese until combined and no lumps of cream cheese remain. Stir in FAGE Total and the spinach-artichoke mixture until well combined, then season with salt to taste.
- Scrape mixture evenly into a baking dish large enough to hold at least four cups, sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and bake until bubbly and golden brown, 20-30 minutes depending on baking dish.
- Serve warm with crostini or tortilla chips.