1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
⅓ cup melted coconut oil, or canola oil
½ cup FAGE Total 2%
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 medium, very ripe bananas
¾ cup dark chocolate chunks
Flaky sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or melted butter. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash 3 of the bananas. Whisk in the oil, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla and FAGE Total Greek yogurt.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Fold until just combined, being careful not to overmix (some lumps are okay!). Lastly, fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan. Split remaining banana in half, lengthwise, and place at the top of the batter.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing from pan. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired.