Loukamades (Honey Balls)
25 oz active dry yeast
2.5 fl oz warm water
5 fl oz warm milk
1.0 oz sugar
½ tsp salt
2.0 oz melted butter
8.8 oz sifted flour
Good quality vegetable oil
4 FAGE Total 5% yogurts
Mix the yeast with the warm water until it is dissolved.
- Mix the sugar and salt with the warm milk and melted butter, and beat in the egg.
- Add the yeast mix to the milk mix and fold in the sifted flour to form thick batter.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place for 1 ½ hours, or until it rises and forms bubbles under the surface.
- Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer and spoon in the mix to form dough balls.
- Turn them over until golden brown.
- Lift out with a strainer and place on wire rack.
- Serve while the dough balls are warm.
- Drizzle the honey out of your FAGE Total Honey Yogurt and sprinkle with sesame seeds and cinnamon.
- Present on a plate with the yogurt.