Mini Beef Patties with Eggplant and FAGE Total
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp allspice
½ tsp paprika
1 ½ lbs ground beef
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 red sweet peppers, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp parsley
1 egg yolk
4 tbsp breadcrumbs
1/3 cups feta cheese
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%
- EGGPLANT: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut each eggplant in half, then in slices crosswise, coat in olive oil, and roast for 25–35 minutes until brown and soft.
- Scoop out the pith and finely chop.
- SLIDERS: In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, add the eggplant, and mix well.
- Press down to form a compact mix. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Then, mold mix into small meat patties, lay them onto a lightly oiled baking tin and cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.