4-pounds Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes, washed
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups FAGE Sour Cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded gruyere or swiss cheese
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425-degree Fahrenheit. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Using a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife, slice potatoes into 1/8 inch round slices. Place slices in a large bowl of cold water.
- Drain the potatoes and dry on a towel.
- In a large bowl, combine broth, sour cream, cheeses, flour, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour about ¾ cup of cheese mixture to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange the potato rounds in a straight line and make 3 rows in a baking dish.
- Pour the rest of the cheese mixture on top of the potatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes, remove the foil, and bake for an additional 40 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through. Let it cool for 5-8 minutes.
- Top with parsley and bacon bits and serve.