2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound boneless pork shoulder or butt, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
12 ounces chorizo, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomato with chipotle peppers
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
1 ½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
FAGE Sour Cream, as topping
Lettuce, thinly sliced
Limes, cut into wedges
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pork to the pan and brown on all sides.
- Add onion, and chorizo to the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Add garlic, tomato, lime juice, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot with the lid and lower to medium-low heat and cook for 2-2 ½ hours or until the pork shreds easily.
- Remove from heat and shred pork using 2 forks. Place meat back into the sauce.
- Top tostadas with pork mixture, sour cream, lettuce, avocado, and jalapeno. Serve with lime wedges.