1-pound dried elbow macaroni
8 tablespoons butter
½ cup all-purpose flour
3 cups whole milk
4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup FAGE Sour Cream
½ teaspoon dry mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 7 minutes or until al dente and remove from heat and drain.
- In another large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add the flour and mix for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture turns slightly tan.
- Add 1 cup of a milk at a time, stirring after each cup. Cook until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese, sour cream, dry mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the macaroni and pour into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs. Top macaroni with breadcrumb mixture and bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve immediately.