½ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
¼ cup FAGE Sour Cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 ½ tablespoons meringue powder or egg whites
3 tablespoons FAGE Sour Cream
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ tablespoon water, more water to thin out consistency if needed
Mini candy covered chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a small bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add half of the dry ingredient into the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula. Add the second half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Flour a clean surface and roll dough out to ¼ inch thickness. Cut out the dough using cookie cutters and place onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and bake for 7-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- In another medium size bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, meringue powder, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Thin icing out with ½ tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency.
- Decorate using mini candy covered chocolate, sprinkles, and colored sugars.