Strawberry Shortcake Parfait
A lighter take on a classic dessert: the strawberry shortcake! Delicious strawberries and creamy, lightly sweetened yogurt make this sweet treat a summer staple.
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
4 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into small pieces
¼ cup FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 5%
½ cup milk
3 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
4 whole strawberries, for garnish
¼ cup sugar
2 cups FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In an electric mixer sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add butter, yogurt and milk and mix on a low speed until it forms small clumps. Scrape dough out of bowl and knead on a floured surface to form a ball. Roll out with a rolling pin to ¾ inch thick and cut with 2 ½ inch circle cookie cutters.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes on the center rack or until golden brown. Let it cool down then cut into small cubes.
- In a medium size bowl mix sliced strawberries and honey and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a parfait glass add a layer of strawberries, then shortcake cubes and yogurt. Repeat and finish with yogurt on top. Garnish with a whole strawberry and mint. Repeat 3 more times to make 4 parfaits.