2 tablespoons salted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
½ cup unsweetened milk or lactose free milk of choice
½ cup FAGE BestSelf Plain
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Cooked pasta, for serving
¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once melted, add in the garlic and cook until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour until coated and no large clumps remain.
- Slowly pour in the chicken stock, whisking constantly, until smooth. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and let boil for about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the Greek yogurt and milk until smooth. Slowly add the cheese in batches, whisking to combine.
- Continue cooking over low heat, whisking constantly, until everything is well combined and smooth and the sauce is slightly thickened. Make sure the mixture does not boil or the cheese will curdle.
- Stir in the lemon zest, ½ tsp salt, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Serve over your choice of cooked pasta and sprinkle with fresh parsley and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve immediately.