2-pounds ground chicken
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
½ teaspoon lemon zest
Oil for frying
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Rice, cherry tomato, romaine, mint, cucumber, red onion, olives.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a half sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, cumin, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, dill, mint, red onion, garlic, and lemon zest.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the chicken mixture and form into a ball. Repeat until the mixture is finished.
- Bake meatballs for 18-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the sauce, whisk yogurt, parsley, dill, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
- Serve meatballs with yogurt sauce and your favorite salad or grain bowl.