1 cup FAGE Total 0%, 2%, 5%, or BestSelf Plain, more for serving
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 lemons, juiced
1 lemon, zested
½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 pounds of boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
2 large red onions, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch chunks
- In a large bowl, whisk Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and zest, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, salt, paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, and black pepper until well combined. Add chicken, making sure to coat each piece and cover with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for a half hour before threading the meat.
- Thread meat onto their own skewers and vegetables on separate skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill chicken skewers on one side for 5 minutes. Turn skewers and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Grill the vegetables until well cooked and slightly charred.
- Serve chicken with vegetables and extra yogurt marinade as a sauce.