4 medium zucchinis
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
½ red bell pepper, diced
½ yellow bell pepper, diced
1 large tomato, diced
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 tablespoon parmesan, grated
Fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Tahini Yogurt Dressing:
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup tahini
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a half sheet baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the inner flesh using a spoon. Coarsely dice the flesh and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add bell peppers, tomato, zucchini flesh, salt, and pepper and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cooked quinoa to the vegetable mixture and combine well.
- Arrange zucchini on the sheet and spoon the vegetable-quinoa mixture on to each zucchini half. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the zucchini is baking, prepare the tahini yogurt drizzle. Place all tahini yogurt ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add additional water to achieve desired consistency.
- Remove zucchini from the oven. Sprinkle on parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Plate stuffed zucchini, sprinkle parsley, and drizzle with tahini yogurt dressing and serve immediately.