2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon za’atar spice, divided
1 cup FAGE Sour Cream, divided
1 ½ lb. 80% lean ground beef
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped, divided
1 ripe avocado, halved and pit removed
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
4 hamburger buns, halved lengthwise
1 large tomato, sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place 2 oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into thin sticks, about ¼-inch wide and 3-inches long.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and ½ teaspoon each za’atar spice and salt. Spread in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Transfer to the oven and bake, tossing once halfway through, until golden brown on both sides and crispy, about 25 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, while your sweet potatoes begin roasting, prep your burgers: In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, ¼ cup sour cream, feta, ¼ cup each chopped dill and parsley, and 1 tsp each za’atar and salt.
- Form the meat mixture into 4 equal-sized patties, about 1-inch thick.
- Place the patties on a cooling rack set inside a baking sheet and transfer to the oven, along with the sweet potatoes. (Now is a great time to give your sweet potatoes a toss).
- Continue baking until the burgers are cooked through to desired doneness, about 12-15 minutes for medium, and the sweet potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, add remaining ¾ cup sour cream, avocado, lemon juice, remaining ¼ cup mint leaves, and ½ tsp salt to the bowl of a food processor. With the food processor on low, slowly drizzle in 1 teaspoon olive oil. Continue blending until well combined and smooth. If desired, add another drizzle of olive oil until dip reaches desired spreadable consistency. Season to taste with salt.
- Remove burgers from the oven and let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. If your sweet potatoes still need more time, broil them on the upper oven until well browned and crispy, about 3-5 minutes more.
- Spread both sides of the buns with herbed avocado sour cream. Top with a burger patty, sliced red onion, and tomato.
- Sandwich together and enjoy alongside crispy sweet potatoes, with extra herbed sour cream sauce for dipping!