1 ½ - 2 lb. small purple potatoes, cleaned
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or melted butter
½ cup FAGE Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup fresh herbs, roughly chopped (such as chives, dill, scallions and/or cilantro)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water (at least 2-inches above the potatoes). Season with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Let boil until the potatoes are just fork tender (but not falling apart), about 10-12 minutes (time may vary depending on the size of your potatoes).
- Drain and transfer to a clean baking sheet. Let cool slightly.
- While still warm, using the flat-bottom of a kitchen object (such as a measuring cup or mug) smash down on each potato to about ½-inch thick.
- Brush each potato with olive oil or melted butter and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the tops are deep golden brown and crispy around the edges, about 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your herbed sour cream by whisking together the FAGE Sour Cream, lemon juice, half of the herbs, garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and let cool slightly. Transfer to a serving plate and top each potato with a scoop of herbed sour cream. Sprinkle with the reserved fresh herbs. Serve warm or at room temperature, with extra sour cream sauce for dipping.