Non-stick cooking spray, butter, or canola oil, for greasing the skillet
8 large eggs
¼ cup FAGE Total 2%
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup packed spinach leaves, chopped
1 shallot, diced
½ cup packed basil leaves, chopped, plus more for topping
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional), plus more to taste
Balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray, or grease with canola oil, or butter. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the Greek yogurt, ½ cup mozzarella, spinach, shallot, basil, ½ tsp salt, a few grinds of black pepper, and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Transfer to the prepared cast iron skillet. Top with halved tomatoes and reserved ¼ cup shredded mozzarella.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until puffed and lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and top with fresh basil leaves. Slice and serve.