1 cup FAGE Total 0%, 2%, 5%, or BestSelf Plain
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 ½ cups all-purpose baking flour
4 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt and pumpkin puree until smooth with a spatula. Add flour, baking powder, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, and salt until a dough forms.
- Let the dough rest in the bowl for 20-25 minutes.
- On a clean kitchen counter, flour the surface and knead the dough to form a ball and cut into 6 even pieces.
- Roll each ball out to a rope about ¾ inches thick and 8-inches long. Form a circle with the rope dough and pinch the ends together. Widen the center to about 1 ½ inches.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water. Brush the tops of the bagel with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.