2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
3 cups chicken broth, divided
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (7-ounce) can diced green chilies
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
2 ½ cups cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 cup FAGE Total 0%, 2%, 5%, or BestSelf Plain
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Yogurt, tortilla chips, shredded cheddar or monetary jack, sliced avocado, jalapeno, or limes
- In a blender or food processor, blend 1 can of beans and 1 cup of chicken broth and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, add onion and cook for 2-4 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add garlic and chilies and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in cumin, oregano, cayenne, paprika, salt, and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the chicken broth, pureed and whole cannellini beans, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add in rotisserie chicken, corn, and lime juice.
- Remove the pot from heat and add in yogurt and cilantro.
- Serve with extra yogurt, tortilla chips, cheese, avocado, jalapeno, or limes.