8 slices of bacon, diced, divided
2 medium onions, diced
16-ounces FAGE Sour Cream
½ cup shredded Monterey Jack or white cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons chives, minced, divided
1 tablespoon dill, chopped
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Potato chips, crackers, or vegetables for dipping
- Over medium high heat, cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Remove half of the bacon fat and add onions to the skillet and cook until browned. Turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes to cool down.
- In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, cheese, 2 tablespoons of chives, dill, garlic powder, most of the bacon, and onion until well combined.
- Taste a spoonful and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Top with remaining bacon and chives and serve with potato chips or your favorite vegetables like carrots, celery, bell peppers, radish, and cucumbers.