1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large eggs, at room temperature
½ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup FAGE Sour Cream
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups carrots, grated
1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons FAGE Sour Cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
4 cups powdered sugar
Marshmallow, cut diagonally in half
Pink sanding sugar
Candy coated chocolate pieces
Easter chocolate hard shell candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the eggs then add oil, sour cream, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix until all the wet ingredients are incorporated into the dry ingredients. Fold the grated carrots into the mixture.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream with a handheld mixer until completely smooth. Add vanilla extract, salt, and powdered sugar and mix until the frosting is smooth and devoid of lumps.
- Using a spoon or cake spatula, spread frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Decorate cupcakes by dipping cut marshmallows into pink sanding sugar and place to form two ears on top of each cupcake, use sprinkles for whiskers, and candy coated chocolate pieces for a nose.
- Decorate other cupcakes with chocolate egg candies and shaved chocolate.