½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
¼ cup FAGE Sour Cream
½ teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 ½ tablespoon meringue powder or egg whites
3 tablespoons FAGE Sour Cream
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ table water, more to thin out if needed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg, sour cream, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a small bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula. Add the second half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Flour a clean surface and roll the dough out to 1/16-inch thickness. Cut out the dough using cookies cutters and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and bake for 7-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- In another medium size bowl. Whisk together powdered sugar, meringue powder, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Thin icing with ½ tablespoon of water at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Decorate your cookies with icing and sprinkles and colored sugars.