½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
½ cup FAGE Sour Cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, more for dusting
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
¾ tablespoons meringue powder or egg whites
1 tablespoon FAGE Sour Cream
¼ tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a handheld mixer at medium-high speed until creamy in color.
- Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- In another large bowl, sift: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add half the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula. Combine the rest and mix well.
- Flour a clean surface and roll dough out to ¼ inch thickness. Cut out the dough using cookie cutters and place it onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat until the dough is used up. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and bake for 7-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, meringue powder, sour cream, and water.
- Add icing to a piping bag and outline the snowflakes. Add sprinkles or powdered sugar for different looks.