For the Cake:
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 stick (4 oz.) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup FAGE Sour Cream
For Mixed Berry Compote:
1 pound mixed berries (for strawberries, slice crosswise)
¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9” cake pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk to combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla. Beat in egg until incorporated, then beat in sour cream.
- Add dry ingredients and beat just until batter is smooth.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared cake pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely, then invert cake pan to allow cake to gently fall out, and remove parchment paper.
- For compote, in a large bowl place ½ pound berries.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ½ pound berries and sugar. Cook over medium heat until berries soften and release their juices. Pour cooked berries over raw berries and stir to combine. Let cool to room temperature, stirring every 5 minutes. Serve over the cake.
This recipe was created with our partner ChefsFeed.