1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
½ pound 90% lean ground beef
½ pound bulk pork sausage
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (10-ounce) can of diced tomato and green chilies, drained
1 (15-ounce) can of chili con carne without beans
2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups cheddar jack cheese, shredded
1 (16-ounces) FAGE Sour Cream, divided
Scallion, chopped for garnish
Serve with tortilla chips, peppers, or your favorite vegetables.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat, and add olive oil and onion. Cook until the onion is slightly transparent.
- Add beef, sausage, and garlic, and crumble the meat using a slotted spoon. Cook until the meat is browned. Drain the meat and remove the excess fat.
- Add tomato and chili to the meat and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Remove from heat and add cream cheese, jack cheese, and half of the sour cream.
- Top with the remaining sour cream and scallions and serve with tortilla chips and vegetables.