2 medium sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
Sour Cream & Chive Dip:
1 cup FAGE Sour Cream
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 ½ tablespoons chives, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place thinly sliced sweet potato in a large bowl of ice water. Let it sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- While the sweet potato chills, add all sour cream dip ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large pot, fill canola oil halfway up the pot and heat on medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- While oil is heating up, combine brown sugar, chili powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- To test the oil, drop one slice of sweet potato. If it floats, the oil is ready.
- Once oil is ready, fry sweet potato slices in small batches. Drain potato chips on a wire rack and sprinkle the brown sugar chili seasoning onto chips while they are still hot.
- Serve chips with the Sour Cream & Chives Dip.