½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 (15-ounce) can of sweet corn kernels, drained
1 cup FAGE Sour Cream
2 large eggs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup honey
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated, divided
2 small jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 10-inch cast iron or pie plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, corn, sour cream, eggs, sugar, and honey until well combined.
- Fold in 1 ¾ cups of cheese, jalapenos, cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into the cast iron and top with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean. Let it cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.