2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large egg whites, at room temperature
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
¾ cup FAGE Sour Cream, at room temperature
½ cup whole milk, at room temperature
Sour Cream Frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
6 cups confectioner’s sugar
½ cup FAGE Sour Cream
1 tablespoon whole milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Blue food coloring
2 chocolate sandwich cookies, cream removed, crushed
1 cup coconut flakes, toasted
Speckled mini chocolate eggs
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour three (6-inch) round baking pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar with handheld whisk for 1-2 minutes or until it is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, and milk to the butter and mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cake pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Set aside on a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the sour cream frosting, beat together the butter, sugar, sour cream, milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Add a few drops of food coloring to get your desired color.
- Add one layer of the cake to a cake pedestal. Top with icing and repeat until you finish all three layers. Add the rest of the frosting on the cake and smooth.
- Gently sprinkle on crushed chocolate sandwich cookies to get the speckled look. Decorate the top of the cake with coconut flakes and mini chocolate eggs.