2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2-pound uncooked small or medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
4 large flour tortillas
2 cups Mexican blend cheese
1 cup FAGE Sour Cream
1 avocado, diced
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 cup romaine, finely shredded
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, garlic, shrimp, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper. Sauté until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Remove from heat while assembling the rest of the ingredients.
- Fold tortilla in half and fold again to make four quadrants. Make a cut from one edge to the middle of the tortilla.
- Place about ½ cup of shrimp on the lower right quadrant.
- Add ¼ cup sour cream to the left of the shrimp quadrant.
- Add a quarter of the lettuce, tomato, and avocado to the quadrant above the sour cream.
- Add ½ cup of cheese to the top right quadrant.
- Using your hands or a spatula, lift the shrimp quadrant and fold onto the sour cream quadrant. Then fold again to the lettuce quadrant. Then lastly fold onto the cheese quadrant.
- Grill or pan fry quesadilla in a medium size pan, flipping it over after 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Garnish with limes and cilantro and serve immediately.