2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup milk
½ cup FAGE Sour Cream
1-pound breakfast sausage
1 teaspoon garlic salt
4 tablespoons butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
¼ cup FAGE Sour Cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Using a fork or your hands, add butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add cheese and sour cream and mix until dough comes together. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for a few minutes or until the dough is smooth. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, bring a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat and cook sausage and garlic salt for 7 minutes or until the meat cooked through.
- Add butter to the pan and whisk in flour, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in milk and reduce heat to low and cook until thickened, 8-10 minutes. Add sour cream, salt, and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- On a floured surface, roll dough out to 1 inch thickness. Use a 2 1/2 – 3-inch round cutter to punch through the dough. Place dough on top of the sausage gravy.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Sprinkle on parsley and scallion and serve immediately.